(noun)foolish and prolonged talk

Thursday, May 25, 2006

American Idol


Last night's finale of American Idol was definitely entertaining. At various points in the show I was both clapping and cringing.
Finer points included Mary J Blige performing with Elliot Yamin, and the Burt Bacharach montage complete with Dionne as well as the Dirty Dancing finale with both Katherine and Taylor. (Which was hilariously bad, but I'm not ashamed to say I enjoyed it.)
Absolutely terrifying points included Meatloaf and his sweaty red handkerchief, and Clay Aiken impersonator who had the scariest eyebrow line and looked quite terrified himself.
I was actually happy that Taylor Hicks won. I am guilty of watching the show from the first episode of the season and did like Taylor's singing. It was not much of a surprise. His stroke-like singing style and charisma has always amused me. I hope his album is less Michael McDonald and more Joe Cocker. We shall see.

I understand that one's brain may shrink while watching the show... But, we are not as apathetic as Ryan Seacrest would lead us to believe. The 2004 Presidential election drew well more than 100 million votes.

Bush received 62,040,606 votes.

Kerry received 59,028,109 votes.

Also, let’s not forget the whole voting multiple times and those that are under 18 that voted last night.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am just glad that last night marked the official end to the 2005-2006 TV season. I can nowget on with my life and enjoy the beautiful weather, let my brain expand and give my DVR a well deserved rest for the summer!

5:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home