(noun)foolish and prolonged talk

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Norwegian Bocce


With the summer approaching, I decided to spread the word about an unbelievably addictive game. Kubb. (pronounced koob) It is similar to Italian Bocce ball. I'm willing to refute my own heritage and say that it is way better than Bocce.

Heckling is welcomed.
You get to throw sticks.
Great at the beach and/or cookout.
Goes great with beer.
You don't feel like a fat Italian.

I am planning on buying my own game set. I have been mooching off a friend's set for too long. They are about $50, but are well worth it... The website is actually pretty funny. People can get pretty hardcore. To order a set, to review rules, and to read up on the complete history go to www.kubbin.com.

2 Comments:

Blogger SgtMajor said...

bocce and koob?
i think this is an interesting game. This is the first time I heard about these game. Well, have fun with that.

5:07 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I certainly hope you weren't referring to certain friends of yours who might tend to get a smidge competitive when playing Kubb when you said "People can get pretty hardcore"!?!

4:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home